标题: 《The Friendly Wolf 》作者:- Rog Phillips【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-11-22 14:38
标题: 《The Friendly Wolf 》作者:- Rog Phillips【EPUB】
The Friendly Wolf by Rog Phillips (as by Craig Browning) It was an interesting experiment: take a wolf and a rabbit and interchange their instincts—then turn them loose and watch An A\NN/A Preservation Edition. Notes THE TIMBER wolf appeared suddenly in the path twenty feet ahead of me. In the split second it took for me to raise my rifle and fire I noticed that its stomach was drawn in, its ribs showing, and wondered why a wolf should look half starved in this north country where game was so plentiful. I felt the instant I had squeezed the trigger that it was a miss. I had aimed for the heart. The slug caught the wolf somewhere. The animal was knocked over. I flicked the reload and got ready for a second shot. But the wolf was behaving queerly for a wolf. Half lowering my rifle I took a better look. My first shot had paralyzed its hind legs. It had risen on its forelegs and was trying to stand. But that wasn’t what made me hesitate. What made me hesitate was the fact that it was whining in a friendly tone, and its eyes seemed almost happy, rather than fierce and wild. As soon as I saw it couldn’t attack me I began to approach it for a closer

欢迎光临 (http://ftp.zazww.com/~zazww/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2